Yesterday I was driving to Meijer from work, to deposit my check and get some food to take to work with me. I was on Burlington Pike (KY 18) headed towards Florence. Right before the intersection of KY 18, Hopeful Church, and Houston Road, some dingbat comes flying out of an auto dealership or some business on the left side of the road. They waste almost no time sitting in the center turn lane waiting to get over, and instead decide they want to gun it and try and cut me off. I freaked out b/c they were about to hit me, and I blasted my horn at them. There wasn't even half a car length between me and the car in front of me at the red light. Well, apparently this pissed them off and they gave a whole new meaning to road rage!!
I'm sitting in the inner left turn lane, with a left turn lane to my left and a straight lane to my right. This jerk was in the straight lane, and drove by me and did something that shattered my back window! I'm pretty sure they shot at me, b/c it's highly unlikely they had a brick or rock in their car or anything like that. Not only that but I'm pretty sure either of those would go right through the window, this hit my window and shattered it, but it didn't break through. I'm also convinced a beer bottle would have gone through. It was something that hit the corner of my window with enough force to make it shatter, yet left no damage to my knowledge on my trunk.
They drove off, and sadly I didn't get a license plate number, just a vehicle, driver, and passenger description. What on earth is wrong with people???
They do something idiotic, I do my best to warn that they're about to harm me, and they get pissed off and try to kill me by shooting at me (likely...). I really hope the police catch them. I'm in that area a lot so let me just say if I EVER see that car again, and I will know who it is, I will be getting a license plate and turning it into police and pressing charges for vandalism and destruction of personal property as well as seek the cost of the repair for my window, as well as gas it cost my dad to have to drive down here to Kentucky to help me out and drive back, and drive me to and from work today.
I'm just very thankful to God that I'm ok! I wasn't injured at all, and because I was standing still I didn't wreck my car. I'm also thankful for very loving kind parents who are helping me out with the cost of repairing the back window (about $350...). It just baffles me how people get that screwed up that they think it's acceptable to act like that! Makes me thankful they DIDN'T hit me... if they really did shoot my window, I have no doubt they would have pulled a gun on me.... IF they had stopped. I wouldn't put it past them to hit someone, then shoot at them and take off.
People like that deserve to have their license revoked forever and locked up for awhile for misuse of a firearm!!!
Anyways not much else is new, just still kinda miffed about that. Really inconvenienced me and my family, but I guess I should just let the anger go and focus on my blessings!
~ Kat
No comments:
Post a Comment